cherry wine (DRY)
- Montrachet Wine Yeast
- 1 tsp.of Yeast Nutrient
- 1/2 tsp. of Pectic Enzyme
- 1.75 lbs. of finely granulated Sugar
- 7.5 pts.of Water
- 2 tsp.of Acid Blend
- 1/4 tsp.of Tannin
- 4-5 lbs. of Sweet Cherries
- Pour sugar into water and put on to boil.
- Sort, wash, and destem the cherries making sure to discard any unsould or moldy ones.
- Place cherries into a nylon straining bag and seal. Place bag in primary.
- With your hands or other means crush the cherries making sure not to break the stones.
- Next pour boiling water with sugar over cherries.
- Cover mixture with plastic bag and let sit until cooled to room temperature.
- Add in all remaining ingredients leaving the yeast for later.
- Stir well and recover.
- Let mixture sit for 12 hours.
- Mix in activated yeast and recover.
- Let mixture sit for two weeks not forgetting to stir daily.
- Remove bag and let drip drain making sure not to squeeze bag.Move to a dark secondary and fit airlock.
- Let sit for two more weeks
- Next rack, top up, and refit airlock.
- After two months rack again and one more time after two more months.
- When specific gravity registers dryness (0.990), rack into bottles.
- Place bottles in dark place for one year.
- Serve slightly chilled.
Please support our site and grab your ingredients….
by Red Star [Red Star]