Watermelon-Grape Moonshine Brandy
- 7.5 Lb. of fresh table red or green Grapes
- 24 cups of granulated Sugar
- Water to 5 gallon
- Wine or distillers yeast
- 10 Lemons Juice and Zest
- 30 Lb. of Watermelon
- Prepare the melon by cutting of the rind, cutting melon into one inch cube, removing any loose seeds, and place melon and any juice into primary pot.
- Prepare10 lemons by grating off the yellow, juicing the lemons, and then add juice and zest to primary pot.
- Next separately wash destem and crush grapes well in bowl.
- Add grapes, grape juice, sugar, and water enough to make five gallons total.
- Stir mixture well until sugar is dissolved completely.
- With a cloth cover primary pot and let sit for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours add yeast to mixture.
- Cover mixture again and let ferment for 5 days making sure to stir daily
- Next strain juice into secondary (demijohn) fitting on air lock.
- Lastly let ferment for 30 days.