Watermelon Moonshine Recipe
- 10 Peaches
- 25 Cups of Sugar
- 5 gallons of Water
- 15 Limes (juice only)
- 1¼ Large Watermelon
- Wine or Distiller's Yeast
- 1¼ Cup of Chopped Raisins
- Extract juice form watermelon and peaches making sure to save pulp.
- In five quarts of water, boil pulp for half an hour.
- Strain and add water to juice.
- Let cool to lukewarm and add water until you have five gallons total.
- Add in all ingredients to primary fermentation vessel omitting only the yeast.
- Cover with cloth and let sit.
- After one day add yeast.
- Let sit for one week making sure to stir daily.
- Strain off raisins.
- Next fit fermentation trap and let sit for four more weeks before bottling.
Get your ingredients here
by Strange Brew [Strange Brew]
by David Haskell [Harry N. Abrams]