- 4 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Water
- 4 pounds of sliced Apples
- 1 Liter of Brandy
- 3 Whole Cloves
- One 3 inch stick of Cinnamon
- Additional Whole Cloves and Cinnamon Sticks
- Put sugar and water into saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large glass container add add sugar mixture, brandy, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Next cover the mixture and let sit for two weeks at room temperature.
- Make sure to stir mix once a week.
- After two weeks strain mixture and discard apples.
- After pouring mix into bottles place an additional three cloves and one cinnamon stick in each bottle produced.
- Yield should be 2 quarts.