Try this ultimate low carb snack.
These creamy lemon coconut balls make a tasty wholesome snack – they’re low carb snacks, gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. With a scrumptious mix of zesty lemon and creamy coconut these bliss balls are a straightforward to make no bake snack!
(This was initially revealed November 2018)
For extra tasty recipes and to see what I’ve been getting as much as you may observe me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter .
I’m a giant fan of all issues lemon and coconut, so these lemon coconut balls are a match made in heaven for me! They remind me of a lemon cheesecake however are most positively a extra wholesome model in a handy chew sized package deal!
I’m at all times looking out for wholesome unprocessed snacks that may be simple to seize and go or pop into lunchboxes.
My little boy adores these and prefers them to some other flavored bliss balls together with those with chocolate or cacao!
That’s high quality by me as these are rather less stimulating with the added advantages of some vitamin C goodness from the lemons.
He loves serving to me roll them into balls – particularly as he will get to do it twice – as soon as right into a ball then as soon as once more into the desiccated coconut.
Further Notes for making Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls:
- I’ve used uncooked honey in lemon bliss balls – the fragile taste of the honey actually compliments the zesty tangy lemon. If you need these bliss balls to be vegan you could possibly simply substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- If you need these bliss balls to be sugar free you could possibly use liquid stevia as an alternative. Begin off with a small quantity reminiscent of 5 drops, blitz and style, add extra if desired.
- In case you are in a hotter local weather then it could assist to place the dough within the freezer for 10 minutes earlier than rolling into balls.
How one can retailer bliss balls:
These will be saved in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days. Additionally they will be frozen for as much as 3 months.
For different bliss ball recipes chances are you’ll wish to strive:
Creamy Blueberry, Coconut & Cacao Vitality Balls
For different wholesome snacks chances are you’ll like to take a look at:
50 wholesome children snacks which can be gluten, dairy and refined sugar free
Do-it-yourself Gummies (No added Sugar)
Paleo Nut Bars with Goji Berries
Banana Almond Cookie Dough Bites
I hope you take pleasure in this recipe! Please let me know the way you bought on within the feedback beneath, I really like listening to from you!
Have a beautiful week!
Creamy Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls (Paleo & Vegan)
Creamy Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls
15 minPrep Time
15 minWhole Time
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup uncooked cashews * Soaked in a single day or fast soaked
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbpsn coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbpsn coconut milk
- 2 Tbspn uncooked honey or maple syrup
- zest 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut for coating balls
- Place all the elements in a meals processor or excessive velocity blender. Blitz till mixed and you’ve got a dough like consistency. Style to see if candy sufficient for you, add extra sweetener if desired.
- Roll into balls.
- Place 1/4 cup desiccated coconut on a plate or chopping board. Roll the balls within the coconut to coat them.
- Maintain within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days. May also be frozen and used when wanted.
To soak the cashew nuts both go away in a single day place cashews in a coated bowl, pour sufficient tepid water over them to cowl them rinse and drain within the morning or you may put them in a coated bowl with sizzling water for 10 minutes, then rinse and drain.