Sweet Mash Moonshine
- 5 Pounds Sugar
- 0.5 Pounds "Red Star" Yeast
- 0.5 Bushel of Corn Meal placed in 55 Gallon Barrel
- With 5 to 10 gallons of boiling water scald mixture.
- Fill remainder of barrel with water until it reaches 5 to 6 inches from top.
- Next cover barrel with a cloth.
- Wait 2 to 3 days until mix quits working.
- Cook mixture to boiling point.
- Push hose with stopper at end to bottom of barrel.
- After blowing out stopper siphon off mixture until there is approximately 4 inches left in barrel.
- Strain the remaining liquid and place on cooker until it boils, then simmer.
- This should yield 4 gallons of 90 proof moonshine.