Watermelon-Elderberry Moonshine Brandy
- Wine or distillers Yeast
- 36 cups of Granulated Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 10 Lemons
- Water to 5 gallon
- 32 Lb. of Watermelon
- 1.25 Lb.of dried Elder-Berries
- Prepare water melon by cutting off all of the rind, cutting melon into one inch cubes, making sure to remove any loose seeds, and place melon and any melon juice into primary pot.
- Next grate yellow thinly off of ten lemons.
- Juice the lemons and add juice and zest to primary pot.
- Now add dried elderberries.
- Add in water until you have a total of 5 gallons.
- Stir in sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Cover pot with cloth and let sit for 12 hours.
- Add yeast after letting sit.
- Cover mixture again and let ferment for 3 days making sure to stir daily.
- Next stain juice into secondary (demijohn) and fit airlock.
- Lastly ferment for 30 days.