Are there Vegan Chocolates? Lists Of Best Vegan chocolates.
Veganism usually refers to eating plant-based products, such as fruit, vegetables, tofu (and other vegan meat), nuts, seeds, grains, and legumes. That restricts the food we can eat. Nonetheless, it is one of the healthiest diets in the world.
Having in mind that vegans are deprived of eating traditional cookies, desserts with chocolate fillings, cakes, ice cream, they may find it really hard to stick to. In fact, there are plenty of snacks and desserts you can eat which are made of vegan substitutes of the original ones. And, while there?s a vegan version for almost every product we usually consume, there?s nothing that can replace the beloved chocolate. Or is there?
Well, truth to be told, you can drink cacao instead of eating chocolate. But, that?s not the same, is it? And, there?s no need to because you can eat chocolate as a vegan. Wait, what? You read that right. You can eat chocolate as long as it?s not processed. That means you can eat raw, dark chocolate, also referred to as vegan chocolate. This is because chocolate comes from a plant, which makes it vegan. And, the chocolate we usually eat is processed, with added sugars and milk among the other additives. Nonetheless, high-quality chocolate, such as dark chocolate, contains sugar, cocoa, cocoa butter, and lecithin.
Apart from being vegan, raw chocolate is also healthy. It?s because it?s unprocessed and doesn?t contain any additives. So, let?s have a look at its health benefits.
I'm so excited to prepare so many #recipes of #drinks, #cocktails, #Moonshine, #food - I'm ready to get down to work! #Moonshinerecipe
Rich in Nutrients
The raw chocolate is made of cacao powder, which unlike cocoa powder, is produced by cold-pressing unroasted cacao beans. Not being processed on high temperatures, these beans keep most of their nutrients. Having in mind how nutritious cacao is, it?s no wonder than raw chocolate is healthy. Namely, it contains vitamins, such as vitamin C, minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, and potassium, proteins, fibre, and other nutrients which boost your energy and improve your mood.
It also contains antioxidants, which are usually found in fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts. The vegan chocolate contains high levels of antioxidants, even more than the levels in berries. That gives it anti-aging properties.
Improves Heart Health
Vegan chocolate improves heart health because it lowers the bad (LDL) cholesterol and improves blood pressure. As studies have shown, due to containing flavonoids and antioxidants, raw chocolate can help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease by one third. It is also believed that it can reduce the occurrence of stroke, but more research is needed to find the relation between chocolate and heart. The reason for chocolate?s heart benefits is the amount of vitamin E, magnesium, and copper. As it?s known, magnesium improves blood flow, whereas copper ensures blood cells get oxygen.
Improves Brain Function
Apart from improving heart health, vegan chocolate also improves brain function. Having similar properties to caffeine, it boosts the brain?s function. But, since it?s not as strong as coffee, it works its magic without making your body shake or making you feel dizzy.
Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Since it doesn?t contain any sugar, vegan chocolate is perfect for people who have diabetes or sugar sensitivity. Not having sugar, it doesn?t affect the blood sugar levels but keeps them normal. It also improves the function of cells.
Improves Your Mood
It has been found that the components of vegan chocolate increase the levels of serotonin, which is known as the happiness hormone. In that way, it improves your mood and makes you feel happy and joyous. Moreover, it is considered as an aphrodisiac for men and women.
The Vegan Milk Chocolate
Although raw chocolate is considered vegan, there are some companies that produce vegan milk chocolate. This chocolate is similar to the regular ones, with the only difference that it doesn?t contain regular milk but a non-dairy one, such as the coconut milk. Containing coconut milk, vegan chocolate also contains its nutrients, including minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, and selenium, and the B vitamins. Another non-dairy option is rice milk, which is the least allergenic milk alternative, thus making it a good choice for people who have digestive issues.
The vegan, way chocolate is different from the regular processed chocolate. And, that difference results in being rich in many essential nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Due to not containing any additives nor any animal-derived product, the vegan chocolate is rich in dietary essentials and is delicious. It?s no wonder why vegans love it.
And the best thing of all is that now you can find this chocolate in many local shops and supermarkets. It?s because there are a lot of companies that make either raw chocolate or chocolate with non-dairy milk. Having so many options, it may be hard to decide which one to choose.
Chocolate for vegans, vegan chocolate chips Lists
- Six 10 oz bags of Enjoy Life Baking Chocolate Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Smaller, dairy-free chocolate chips crafted from premium, real chocolate made with only 3 ingredients
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips that are free from 14 common allergens, including dairy, nuts and soy
- Certified vegan chocolate chips are Non-GMO Project Verified and are certified gluten free, kosher and halal
- All Enjoy Life products are gluten free, wheat free, peanut free, dairy free, tree nut free, soy free, casein free, sulfite free, egg free, lupin free, sesame free, fish free, mustard free, crustacean free, and shellfish free
- GRANOLA SEED BARS: Our seed bars are handcrafted in small batches using simple, wholesome ingredients you'd find in your own kitchen. Full of our signature seed blend of organic sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds.
- ALLERGEN-FREE SNACKS: Free from the eight most common food allergens- Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy Free, Sesame Free. Plus- Non-GMO, Vegan, School Safe.
- DARK CHOCOLATE SEA SALT: Packed with nutritious ingredients like gluten-free oats, maple syrup, organic dark chocolate, sea salt, and more for a healthy chocolate studded bar.
- ENJOY ON THE GO: 88 Acres Bars are the perfect treat to share with the ones you love. Plus, enjoy them on-the-go, bring them to school and work, add them to lunch boxes, and more!
- PLANT-BASED SEED PROTEIN: Great for athletes, vegans, and omnivores alike. Grab one for pre-workout, post-workout, or as a hiking or camping snack. gluten-free snacks made with 6g of seed protein per bar to fuel your day.
- Contains 8 - 1.35oz Mexicano Discs ( Cacao Puro, Chipotle Chili, Cinnamon, Coffee, Guajillo Chili, 85% Super Dark, Salted Almond, and Vanilla)
- Inspired by our passion for Mexican chocolate traditions, we hand-carve granite millstones to make these rustic organic dark Mexican style chocolate discs bursting with bright tastes and bold textures. Enjoy as a hot or iced chocolate beverage
- Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher Certified, and Direct Trade to ensure quality and transparency for all
- All-Natural, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, and Vegan
- We make our perfectly unrefined, stone ground chocolate from bean to bar at our Somerville, MA chocolate factory using traditional Mexican stone mills to grind our cacao
Moonshine recipes, cocktail recipes, infusions, distilling, beer and wine brewing, cooking, menu, food, cocktail and more