Are there Vegan Chocolates? Lists Of Best Vegan chocolates.
Veganism usually refers to eating plant-based products, such as fruit, vegetables, tofu (and other vegan meat), nuts, seeds, grains, and legumes. That restricts the food we can eat. Nonetheless, it is one of the healthiest diets in the world.
Having in mind that vegans are deprived of eating traditional cookies, desserts with chocolate fillings, cakes, ice cream, they may find it really hard to stick to. In fact, there are plenty of snacks and desserts you can eat which are made of vegan substitutes of the original ones. And, while there’s a vegan version for almost every product we usually consume, there’s nothing that can replace the beloved chocolate. Or is there?
Well, truth to be told, you can drink cacao instead of eating chocolate. But, that’s not the same, is it? And, there’s no need to because you can eat chocolate as a vegan. Wait, what? You read that right. You can eat chocolate as long as it’s not processed. That means you can eat raw, dark chocolate, also referred to as vegan chocolate. This is because chocolate comes from a plant, which makes it vegan. And, the chocolate we usually eat is processed, with added sugars and milk among the other additives. Nonetheless, high-quality chocolate, such as dark chocolate, contains sugar, cocoa, cocoa butter, and lecithin.
Apart from being vegan, raw chocolate is also healthy. It’s because it’s unprocessed and doesn’t contain any additives. So, let’s have a look at its health benefits.
Rich in Nutrients
The raw chocolate is made of cacao powder, which unlike cocoa powder, is produced by cold-pressing unroasted cacao beans. Not being processed on high temperatures, these beans keep most of their nutrients. Having in mind how nutritious cacao is, it’s no wonder than raw chocolate is healthy. Namely, it contains vitamins, such as vitamin C, minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, and potassium, proteins, fibre, and other nutrients which boost your energy and improve your mood.
It also contains antioxidants, which are usually found in fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts. The vegan chocolate contains high levels of antioxidants, even more than the levels in berries. That gives it anti-aging properties.
Improves Heart Health
Vegan chocolate improves heart health because it lowers the bad (LDL) cholesterol and improves blood pressure. As studies have shown, due to containing flavonoids and antioxidants, raw chocolate can help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease by one third. It is also believed that it can reduce the occurrence of stroke, but more research is needed to find the relation between chocolate and heart. The reason for chocolate’s heart benefits is the amount of vitamin E, magnesium, and copper. As it’s known, magnesium improves blood flow, whereas copper ensures blood cells get oxygen.
Improves Brain Function
Apart from improving heart health, vegan chocolate also improves brain function. Having similar properties to caffeine, it boosts the brain’s function. But, since it’s not as strong as coffee, it works its magic without making your body shake or making you feel dizzy.
Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Since it doesn’t contain any sugar, vegan chocolate is perfect for people who have diabetes or sugar sensitivity. Not having sugar, it doesn’t affect the blood sugar levels but keeps them normal. It also improves the function of cells.
Improves Your Mood
It has been found that the components of vegan chocolate increase the levels of serotonin, which is known as the happiness hormone. In that way, it improves your mood and makes you feel happy and joyous. Moreover, it is considered as an aphrodisiac for men and women.
The Vegan Milk Chocolate
Although raw chocolate is considered vegan, there are some companies that produce vegan milk chocolate. This chocolate is similar to the regular ones, with the only difference that it doesn’t contain regular milk but a non-dairy one, such as the coconut milk. Containing coconut milk, vegan chocolate also contains its nutrients, including minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, and selenium, and the B vitamins. Another non-dairy option is rice milk, which is the least allergenic milk alternative, thus making it a good choice for people who have digestive issues.
The vegan, way chocolate is different from the regular processed chocolate. And, that difference results in being rich in many essential nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Due to not containing any additives nor any animal-derived product, the vegan chocolate is rich in dietary essentials and is delicious. It’s no wonder why vegans love it.
And the best thing of all is that now you can find this chocolate in many local shops and supermarkets. It’s because there are a lot of companies that make either raw chocolate or chocolate with non-dairy milk. Having so many options, it may be hard to decide which one to choose.
Chocolate for vegans, vegan chocolate chips Lists
- Contains 6 - 10 ounce bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Smaller, smoother mini-chips are perfect for baking, melting, or snacking.
- Free of dairy, nuts, gluten, and soy.
- Premium Vegan chocolate, Verified Non-GMO and derived from sustainably harvested cocoa beans.
- Enjoy Life products are all natural and gluten free, wheat free, peanut free, dairy free, tree nut free, soy free, casein free, sulfite free, egg free, lupin free, sesame free, fish free, mustard free, crustacean free, and shellfish free.
- Contains 2 - 16 oz jars of Dark Chocolatey Dreams Peanut Butter, perfect as an anytime snack
- Made with simple honest, Non-GMO verified ingredients and USA grown peanuts; Vegan; Gluten free; Kosher; Supports the production of certified sustainable palm oil through RSPO (Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil)
- 6g of protein per serving, 0g trans fat, no cholesterol, no hydrogenated oil, no high fructose corn syrup
- Delicious on sandwiches, with fruit, swirled with oatmeal or yogurt, in your favorite recipes...or grab a spoon and enjoy right out of the jar
- Try all of our amazing Peanut Butter varieties - Smooth Operator, Crunch Time, White Chocolatey Wonderful, Dark Chocolately Dreams and the Bees Knees (Honey)
- Contains 6 - 6 Count Boxes (36 Twin Packs; 2 snack bars per Twin Pack) of Nature's Bakery Double Chocolate Brownie Whole Wheat Fig Bars
- Perfect for active, on-the-go nutrition or a healthy treat for kids' lunches and after-school snacks
- Made with Whole Wheats, Real Dates & Chocolate
- Soy Free, Dairy Free, Cholesterol Free, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, 0g Trans Fat,
- Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan, Plant Based, Kosher, Made in a Nut-Free Facility
- Just good nutrition - and that heavenly sea-salted dark chocolate - to seed a more 'doing this for me' kinda day.
- Our seed bars are handcrafted in small batches using simple, wholesome ingredients, to create a delicious snack every body can enjoy.
- 88 Acres Bars are the perfect winter treat to share with the ones you love, plus enjoy them on-the-go, bring them to school and work, add them to lunch boxes and more!
- Great for athletes, low-FODMAP dieters, vegans, and omnivores alike.
- Free from the eight most common food allergens- Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy Free, Sesame Free. Plus- Non-GMO, Vegan, School Safe.
- FOR THE TRUE CHOCOLATE LOVER - Deeply powerful with lingering hints of a variety of inclusions, each bar, made from pure 70% cocoa dark chocolate, manages to stay silky smooth while packing undeniably rich cocoa flavor.
- INCLUDES 6 DIFFERENT CHOCOLATE BARS - Intense Cocoa, Nib & Salt, Coffee, Orange & Vanilla, Salted Almond and Coconut.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS - We believe to craft premium world-class chocolate, there's no way around it: you need to source the best ingredients. The De Villiers Chocolate team is dedicated to finding clean, natural and sustainable ingredients for maximum taste and quality experience.
- DE VILLIERS VEGAN CHOCOLATE - The De Villiers Dark Chocolate range is Vegan, as well as Free from GMO's, Soya, Palm Oil, and Gluten.
- CHOCOLATE THAT IS SUSTAINABLY & ETHICALLY PRODUCED - Made from UTZ Certified Cocoa, De Villiers Chocolate supports sustainable and responsible cocoa farming initiatives in Africa. UTZ certified farmers implement better farming practices with respect for people and the planet.
- CHOCOLATE FOR HUMANS: Hu Gems are the newest addition to our cult-favorite vegan chocolate line free from dairy, palm oil, emulsifiers, soy lecithin, gluten, refined sugar, cane sugar and sugar alcohols. Like all Hu products, Hu Gems are proudly Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and Kosher.
- SIMPLE, HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Hu Gems are made with organic cacao, unrefined organic coconut sugar, organic fair-trade cocoa butter. It's that simple.
- GREAT FOR SNACKING AND BAKING: Meet the new (chocolate) chip on the block. Our version of this baking staple features a cool hexagonal shape that will instantly upgrade your cookies/brownies/etc....if you can stop snacking long enough to bake with them. Hu Gems have a rich cocoa flavor punctuated by subtle caramel notes, making them a solid (dare we say addictive?) choice for both snacking AND baking.
- BE IN THE "NO": NO Dairy, NO GMOs, NO Emulsifiers, NO Lecithins, NO Gluten, NO Refined Sugar, NO Cane Sugar, NO Sugar Alcohols. We apply these exacting standards in everything we do. We say "NO weird ingredients. EVER." - and we mean it.
- GET BACK TO HUMAN: The goal isn't to just get by. The goal is to live actively, age gracefully, and flourish. Our journey started with asking questions about our food, which lead us down a crazy rabbit hole of health and wellness discovery. We decided to cut through the clutter and focus on the simple things to get back to human - high quality, real food that tastes DELICIOUS.
- Contains 8 - 1.35oz Mexicano Discs ( Cacao Puro, Chipotle Chili, Cinnamon, Coffee, Guajillo Chili, 85% Super Dark, Salted Almond, and Vanilla)
- Inspired by our passion for Mexican chocolate traditions, we hand-carve granite millstones to make these rustic organic dark Mexican style chocolate discs bursting with bright tastes and bold textures. Enjoy as a hot or iced chocolate beverage
- Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher Certified, and Direct Trade to ensure quality and transparency for all
- All-Natural, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, and Vegan
- We make our perfectly unrefined, stone ground chocolate from bean to bar at our Somerville, MA chocolate factory using traditional Mexican stone mills to grind our cacao