Usually considered as spring cuisine, This spring food – Buttermilk Marinade Recipe is an awesome celebration of all the fresh, new, green ingredients, that winter has been keeping from us. Try this food cake reciepe at home.
Use our special buttermilk marinade made of lean meat, instead of the ordinary red wine or spicy curry paste. We will showcase another marinade recipe with cyrry spices. This food recipe has mild buttermilk together with the herbs, honey and salt enhances the natural flavor of the meat. Our marinade also has the juiciness you crave for, leaving you with a lovely and even better experience .
High-Protein, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
For extra tasty recipes and to see what I’ve been getting as much as you may observe me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter .
Print Buttermilk Marinade Recipe
Home Made Buttermilk Marinade Recipe
Buttermilk Marinade Recipe
- 500ml buttermilk
- 3 tbsp. chopped spring herbs (e.g. lemon thyme, thyme or fresh ramsons leaves)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- ½-1 kg lean meat (e.g. chicken breast, leg of rabbit, leg of goat/lamb/mutton, beef sirloin)
- 1 tsp. honey
- Pour the buttermilk into a sealable container (big enough for both meat and marinade).
- Stir in the salt, honey, herbs and mustard.
- Soak the meat in the mixture and leave to marinate for 48 hours. Turn the meat after 24 hours.
- Cook the meat the exact way you normally cook it (e.g. roasting, grilling, frying or braising).Remove excess marinade before pan-frying.
Folate equivalent (total)5%20µg