Vegetarian Cake Recipe
This yummy Ginger Berry Food Cake and is delicious with yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, oatmeal, coffee, tea or wine!
Also check out our tasty dinner recipe.
Low-Fat, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Ginger Berry Food Cake
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (about 13 ounces) store-bought angel food cake, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, zest, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until berries have softened and released their juices, 10 to 12 minutes. Let compote cool slightly.
- Cut angel food cake into 8 wedges. Spoon compote over or alongside cake wedges and serve. (Compote can be served at room temperature or cold.)
Folate equivalent (total)7%30?g
More Details: Martha Stewart
I'm so excited to prepare so many #recipes of #drinks, #cocktails, #Moonshine, #food - I'm ready to get down to work! #Moonshinerecipe
Moonshine recipes, cocktail recipes, infusions, distilling, beer and wine brewing, cooking, menu, fo
3 thoughts on “Ginger Berry Compote with Angel Food Cake”
Loving this site. Your recipes are heaven.