Vegetarian Cake Recipe
This yummy Ginger Berry Food Cake and is delicious with yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, oatmeal, coffee, tea or wine!
Also check out our tasty dinner recipe.
Low-Fat, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
For extra tasty recipes and to see what I’ve been getting as much as you may observe me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter .
Ginger Berry Food Cake
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (about 13 ounces) store-bought angel food cake, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, zest, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until berries have softened and released their juices, 10 to 12 minutes. Let compote cool slightly.
- Cut angel food cake into 8 wedges. Spoon compote over or alongside cake wedges and serve. (Compote can be served at room temperature or cold.)
Folate equivalent (total)7%30µg
More Details: Martha Stewart