Sour Mash Moonshine
- 1 Bushel of Hard (seed) White Corn
- Place corn in horse manure
- Water corn with 5 gallons of water
- Corn should sprouts in two days
- Take corn out of manure and wash
- Roll corn to crack it
- Place corn into 55 gallon barrel
- Next add half bushel of corn meal
- Pour in five pounds of sugar
- Fill remainder of barrel with water.
- In about 21 days a red skim will appear.
- Push a hose with a stopper at the end to the bottom of the barrel.
- Blow out stopper.
- Next step is to siphon off mixture until approximately 4 inches are left at the bottom of the barrel.
- Strain the remainder of the liquid.
- Place in cooker and cook until it boils, then simmer.
- This should yield 1.5 gallons of 105 proof moon shine.