- 7 Lbs. of Rye
- 1 oz.of Yeast
- 1 Lbs. of Malt
- 2 Lbs. of Barley
- 6 Gallons of Water
- Heat water to 70F and mix in grain and malt.
- Stir continuously and heat to 160F by raising temperature 5F every 2 minutes.
- Maintain mix at 160F stirring continuously for two to three hours.
- This will convert starch into dextrin and fermentable sugar.
- Next step is to filer off liquid and pour into fermentation device.
- Let mix cool to 70F to 80F.
- When cooled pitch with 3 grams of yeast.
- Add one gram of ammonium fluoride to avoid secondary fermentation.
- Stir well for one minute and attach airlock.
- Mash should take about five to seven days to ferment.
- When fermentation is completed, filter mash through a pillow case removing any solids.
Please support our site and grab your ingredients….
by Great River Organic Milling [Great River Organic Milling]
by Home Brew Ohio [Briess]