Shrimp Rosemary – With Tomatoes, Garlic and Pepper
A delightful and easy recipe! This is one on my favorite dishes to prepare for family and friends.
I use organically grown tomatoes, Wild Caught Argentinian Red Shrimp, feta cheese with Mediterranean herbs and spices, fresh mint leaves (grown in my garden), and other than the mint all other ingredients are purchased at either Trader Joe’s, or our local farmers’ market. The mint leaves just top it off and give the dish that distinct Greek flavor.
For extra tasty recipes and to see what I’ve been getting as much as you may observe me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter .
Prepare the tomatoes the day before to save time before serving. Excellent recipe! I have also tried the canned Italian baby tomatoes with very great results! But did not use the juice from the can, I used only tomatoes.
Shrimp Rosemary Recipe With Tomatoes, Garlic and Pepper To Print
- 20 large shrimp (de-veined, butterflied, shelled)
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/3 Cup minced onions
- 1 Teaspoon or more coarsely ground pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 Cup cream sherry
- 1/2 Cup minced fresh tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Garlic salt
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons clarified butter
- In a 12 inch skillet pour oil to a depth of 1/8 inch. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sauté until transparent.
- Add basil, black pepper, and shrimp. Increase heat to high and sauté one minute.
- Add cream sherry, tomatoes, parsley and garlic, and salt to taste. Swirl skillet until shrimp curl. Serve over rice. Three to four servings.
What can you cook with rosemary?
In cooking, rosemary is used as a seasoning in a wide range of dishes, corresponding to soups, casseroles, salads, and stews. Use rosemary with chicken and different poultry, sport, lamb, pork, steaks, and fish, particularly oily fish. It additionally goes properly with grains, mushrooms, onions, peas, potatoes, and spinach
What spice goes well with rosemary?
Rosemary. Herbs and Spices: Pairs very well with oregano, basil, sage, parsley, nutmeg, thyme, cumin, star anise, and mint.
What’s the best way to season shrimp?
To begin with, put shrimp in a mixing bowl and rub them in seasoning combination. Combine effectively to ensure shrimp is coated effectively in sea salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Shrimp have a light taste so that they tackle no matter taste you are serving them with.