- Yeast (preferably ale yeast)
- 5 gallons unpasteurized AppleCider
- 5 pounds Cane Sugar
- First step is to heat up one gallon of apple cider in a stockpot and dissolve sugar in pot completely.
- Next step is to mix in the remaining 4 gallons of apple cider into a sanitized fermentation bucket.
- Let mixture cool to below 75 degrees and then add yeast.
- Cover the mixture and let ferment for a minimum of five days.
- If everything went correctly you should have a few inches of yeast at the bottom of the bucket.
- Separate the yeast form the liquid by siphoning off the liquid on the top of the yeast with tubing.
- Place strained liquid into container.
- Lastly freeze the cold cider.
Please support our site and grab your ingredients….