Corn Mash Moonshine
- 1 Tablespoon-full of Yeast
- 7 Pounds of Cracked Corn
- 7 Pounds of Granulated Sugar
- 5 gallons of Filtered Water
- In a fermenter place all ingredients and seal. In approximately 12 hours the sugar should go through the fermentation process.
- For the ebullition process to come to a complete stop 3to 4 days should be enough.
- Next siphon off the liquid form the fermentation vessel and charge your still.
- Best method is to ensure that the liquid is siphoned off from the lees’ top.
- Remove suspended solids. Making sure not to keep the fermenter empty.
- To avoid yeast form being destroyed during distillation process place water back in to the fermenter.
- Replace any remaining corn at the top with equal amount of cracked corn.
- Conventional pot still is usually the first kind of pot distillation. This type of still has no cooling neck or column.
- This produced distillate has a low proof compared to a distillate which passes through a reflux still with a fractionating or splitting column.
- Those types of techniques require more the one run.
- During the process of distillation a reflux still has a column which could be left to cool.
- This process is considered more efficient because it could create a high proof spirit in one run.
- In a pot distill your was making sure that the process is run slowly and surely.
- For amateur distillers, it is common to see 2 or 3 drops per second.
- During collection of distillate place 4 or 5 drops on a spoon and equal amount of water. Have a taste.
- Through this process you should quickly recognize any heads with have an off taste.
- To remove any methanol build up remove 150 ml. (approximately 5 oz.) of collected liquid.
- This process requires patience, a great desire to learn, and stay persistent with the distillation process to make good moonshine mash.
- Making moonshine is not an easy process.
- Discipline and constant attention are required.
Please support our site and visit our sponsors….
(we need your help to keep the lights on and these are cool deals)