Sweet feed moonshine
- 5 Pounds of Sugar
- 5 Gallon Bucket full of Sweet Feed
- 1 Package of Yeast (Preferably Distillers Yeast)
- Cover the bottom of a five gallon bucket with feed making sure feed is 4 inches deep.
- Pour in five pounds of sugar.
- Pour in boiling water until half way full.
- Mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let sit for an hour and a half.
- Fill remainder of bucket with cool water.
- Add yeast only after mixture has cooled to proper temperature on yeast label.
- Cover loosely with lid making sure mixture can breathe. Let sit for 4 to 5 days.
- This procedure is not recommended for pot stills. Unless filtered by pouring through a pillow case into a five gallon bucket after fermentation.
- Any other way the meal will collect at the bottom and burn.
- Another method is to leave solids in a pillow case and fasten top so contents will not touch the bottom of still.