- 10 Gallons Water
- 6-8 Pounds Sugar
- 8.5 Pounds Flaked Maize
- 1.5 Pounds Crushed Malted Barley
- To make a thin mash follow these two steps.
- First cook standard corn whiskey mash. (as shown above)
- The only thing done differently is after the last rest period add 6 to 8 pounds of sugar and five gallons of cold water.
- When temperature drops to 96 degrees it is apt for yeast, fermentation, and aeration. (As described above)
- More experienced distillers should go for a specific gravity of approximately 1.08. Diluting with water if too high.
Please support our site and grab your ingredients….
(we will make a small commission, helping us pay our server costs)
by Learn To Brew LLC [Learn To Brew]