Homemade Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider
- Apple Juice or Apple Cider (Tree Top is what my Starbucks uses but I don’t think it matters too much)
- Caramel sauce (to drizzle on top)
- Whipped Cream (store bought or I like to make my own whipped cream)
- Cinnamon Dulce Syrup from Starbucks (recipe below if you don’t have this or don’t want to buy it)
- So you just want to add those things into a cup- the trick is to get the cider super hot so a microwave is fine or I use the stove top.
- Start by adding 6 tablespoons of Cinnamon Dulce Syrup to the bottom of a mug or a saucepan.
- Next add 12oz of Apple Juice or Apple Cider.
- Heat on medium until nice and hot (not quite boiling) and pour into a mug. (In the micro this is roughly 2 minutes)
- Top with whipped cream and then drizzle a layer of caramel syrup on top.
- The Cinnamon Dulce syrup is sold in 1 L containers at my Starbucks for $13. Expensive but seriously that will last you ages and ages.
- Since the flavor of Cinnamon Dulce is basically a cinnamon simple syrup, you can also make it yourself:
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar to a saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir well. Bring to a slow boil and remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and stir well.
- The cinnamon won’t dissolve completely but that didn’t make a difference to me. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for a few weeks.
- **NOTE: I find the Starbucks drink a tiny bit too sweet. I cut the Cinnamon Dulce syrup in half for my drinks- just 3 tablespoons rather then 6.