This moonshine smoothie is just the thing you need for your next get together if you want to prepare some fun and interesting drinks!
A pretty straightforward and simple recipe that is just short of being an ordinary cocktail, yet with the potential to knock your socks off without tasting boozy.
Use your own distilled moonshine for extra pride points or make do with a decent store-bought light rum in case your stash is empty at the moment.
- 9 Cups of Drinking Water
- 2 Cups of Moonshine or Light Rum
- 2 Cups of Table Sugar
- 5 Cups of Lemon-lime Beverage
- 12 Ounces of Frozen Lemonade Concentrate (Thawed)
- 12 Ounces of Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate (Thawed)
- Fresh Mint Leaves or Fruit for garnish
Equipment - See our guide here!
- Boiling Pot
- Mixing Spoon
- Storage Container (Make sure it fits your freezer!)
- Pour water into pot and bring to a boil.
- Mix in sugar, make sure it is dissolved completely, then cool the syrup to room temperature.
- Add lemonade concentrates, moonshine, and orange juice making sure to mix well.
- Place in freezer for 14 hours.
- When serving combine 1/4 cup lemon-lime beverage and combine 3/4 cup slush mixture in a 10 ounce glass.
- Garnish and serve.
This recipe should make 20, 8 ounce servings.
Preferably use your own moonshine or rum, with store-bought light rum as an alternative.