Moonshine Alcohol | All Grain Brew Moonshine Making
There are many articles? so hell- bent on mash temps and having tons of expensive equipment, mostly using corn mash, potato mash, barley etc.? I often wondered if that truly made a difference, considering our ancestors were brewing beer using grain long before formal brewing equipment supplies came around. Check out this article and you will not regret!
Learn how to create this non expensive moonshine alcohol. Getting two and a half gallons to boil on stove sucks! Trust me from experience. So use high gas burner or heater. We recommend heavy big pot. If using stove, then go for small pot and make sure batch size is small.
This article contains 2 different techniques, styles that we have used. We liked both methods, so there you go. First one is using Hop. Also view 3 Moonshine Making Videos below.
Step By Step Process For Moonshine Alcohol | All Grain Brew Fermentation.
First Method on How To Make Moonshine.
- 16.8 liters of water, 5.6 Kilo Gram Pre Crushed Grain
- Boil water to 72 degree centigrade 163 Fahrenheit.
- Add grain after this temperature reached.
- Give really good stir.
- After 3 to 4 minutes of stir, insulate pot with cloth. Temperature could reach 66 to 68 degree centigrade by this time which is perfect.
- Sit 1 hour then uncover clothe, open lid. Stir it good.
- Now keep stirring like this every 20 minutes after covering lid then by cloth for about 3 times which is 1 hour.
- After doing this for 1 hour, lift the grain bag. Drain water really good. Squeeze the grain bag as needed to drain more water.
- Transfer grain bag into fermenter bucket.
- Add new cold 16.8 liter or 4.4 gallons of water in this new bucket which has grain bag. This is like making second batch.
- Let grain soak for 6 minutes in this cold water.
- Second batch of water is heated in first pot till 72 degree degree Celsius or full boil. Let it boil for 1 hour.
- Add hop. Add Irish moss kettle finings. After mixing hop, stir for sometime.
- Transfer this hot liquid into ferment bucket carefully. Use type 2 plastic for this type of hot liquid transfer.
- Cover ferment bucket with lid, let sit cool down overnight.
- Cool down to 15 to 25 degree Celsius.
- Add flask glass full of yeast. Dry yeast is good too.? After mixing yeast, stir for sometime.
- Close with lid very tight.
- Insert airlock.
- Wait 10 days and you are ready for distillation!
Moonshine How To Make | Whole Process in Steps With Video.
Second Method on How To Make Moonshine.
- 1 lb. of Bakers Yeast
- 25-100lbs. of Cane Sugar
- 45 gallons of Water (80-85F)
- 1 52 gal. Barrel or Plastic Trash Can
- 1 Bushel of Wheat, Rye, or Corn (Barley washed clean)
- Into the barrel, add desired amount of sugar and washed grain.
- Stir continuously until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let mixture cool to below body temperature.
- Next step is to add yeast.
- Cover with lid and let ferment for 13 to 15 days.
- When fermentation process is complete, siphon off liquid.
- To remove all green particles, run mix through fine mesh screen.
- Now mix is ready to run through still.
- This should produce 5 to 7 gallons of moonshine after distillation.
Book Part or All of Your Next Adventure
Helping people all over the world learn about travel. Book Your Vacation!
3 Very Informative YouTube Videos On Moonshine How To Make All Grain Brew
#1 Moonshine Making Video
#2 Moonshine Making Video
#3 Moonshine Making Video
Please support our site and grab your ingredients….
- Comes in a hefty, 2 Pound Vacuum Packed Pouch
- Active Dry Yeast from one of the most popular brands worldwide
- This is active dry yeast, and is ideally used for temperatures between 110-115 degrees Fahrenheit
- Active Dry Yeast is designed for yeast-leavened bread and dough
- From the popular brand Red Star
- BREW IN A BAG: The G. Francis Grain Bags for Home Brewing is the perfect addition to your homebrew supplies; These mesh reusable tea bags allow liquid to pass through without letting hops, grains, spices, or leaves clog up your home crafted brews; The fine mesh bags hold 3-6 oz (85-170 g) of hop pellets or up to 2 lb. (907 g) of grains and saves time and money while protecting the environment
- EXTRACT THE BEST FLAVORS: Filtering systems are designed to be more convenient and easier to clean than by submerging hops or grains; They are also ideal because you get the same extraction of flavors without the issues of build up or grain getting stuck in your other equipment; These simple empty tea bags fill your own perfect mix of fresh ingredients into your brews to add bitter, zesty, and citric flavors; Once satisfied with the optimal flavor, just remove the straining bag
- DURABLE MUSLIN BAGS: Constructed of Muslin Cotton Fibers, each hop sack is designed to be lightweight and resistant to rips, tears, and separation; Common versions such as cheesecloth bags, nylon mesh bag, and polyester tea filter bags cannot stand up to the durability, permeability, and stretchy disposition that muslin cloth bags offer; Get the full flavor with a fraction of the cost and none of the mess with these grain steeping bags
- REUSABLE FINE MESH BAG: Cut back on expenses and waste by using this brewers bag repeatedly; Not only are these bags washable, but they are resistant to odors and stains, so they will not affect future beers or teas that you brew; This lightweight fine mesh tea bag stands at a height of 26 inches (66 cm) with a width of 3 inches (7.6 cm) and can hold up to 6 ounces of hop pellets or 2 lb. of grains
- NOT JUST FOR BEER BREWING: Use the G. Francis Steeping Brewing Bag for not only beer brewing, but also for tea and coffee; Thanks to the strength and stretch that is provided by muslin cotton, these loose leaf tea bags give your brews a better access to flavors in your ingredients than cheese cloth bags; These filter bags can also be used to make herb sacks for soups and stews and for almond milk and juice bags
- Hop Pellets
- 1 oz.
- Alpha: 8.7%
- Beta: 6.4%
- Wise Choice: The straining bag is an easy and economical choice for home brewers to start all-grain brewing according to the Brew in a Bag-method. This will eliminates the need for a mash tun, later tun, or hot liquor pot, thus saving your time, space and money.
- BPA Free & SGS Certified: These brew bags are made of durable nylon mesh and can be washed and reused for multiple times. 250 micron tightly woven and rugged stitching not only make the BIAB durable but also ensure no grains slip into the wort when use.
- Extra Large Size: 2 extra large brew in a bag size in (26" wide and 22" height), ensure you can brew even the largest of recipes without spilling any grain. Will fit kettles up to 17" in diameter and will hold up to 20lbs of grain, thus makes the bag versatile enough for any application, from jams to cold brew to cider and fruit wine making, this bag can do it all!
- Ideal Design: The tear-resistant drawstring with adjustable lock closure ensures a complete fasten before removal and fits for different type of kettles up to 17" in diameter. Nylon material which is very easy to clean, makes the rest of your brew day convenient and relaxed.
- What You Receive: 2 x nylon strainer bags (26"x22"), our hassle free customer service. If you have any concern with our wine brew bag, please feel free to contact us. Our friendly customer service will do our effort to solving your problem ASAP.
- ORGANIC CANE SUGAR - Certified Organic and made in green cut fields, our cane sugar is naturally sweet and will enhance any dish you put it in
- PERFECT SUBSTITUTE - Use as a 1-for-1 replacement for refined white sugar. Perfect in hot or cold beverages and delicious in baked goods
- CLEAN, SIMPLE PRODUCTION - Produced from the first crystallization of organic sugar cane juice, with no bleaching or chemicals in the production process
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Fair Trade Certified, Kosher certified, naturally Gluten Free, and Vegan
- PACK OF 1 - Comes in Pack of 1 at 50 pounds a bag
- Contains 1 - 25 pound bag
- Whole Grain Rye Cleaned and ready for milling at home or cooked whole
- 100% Whole Grain Rye Berries
- Mills quickly and easily; soft grain with a chewy texture
- Low profile grain with many uses
- CAREFULLY SELECTED ORGANIC FOOD GRADE YELLOW CORN: Corn is one of the oldest and most popular grains used in this country. This variety is certified organic, non-GMO sourced, food-grade yellow corn with a white cob. Best for cornmeal, grits, polenta, or tortillas.
- GREAT FOR HOME MILLING: These corn kernels are best for home milling to grind into a flour or cornmeal for grits, polenta, tortillas, and nixtamal.
- WHOLE CORN KERNELS: You can also use the whole grain corn kernel to create your own corn nuts or add to soups.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND KOSHER APPROVED : Kosher approved and Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International. Organic, non-GMO grains, grown, harvested and packaged in the United States.
- RECOMMENDED STORAGE AND USE: Keeps best refrigerated, frozen, or in a cool dry place. Produced in a nut free facility.
- Fresh Hops
- Nitrogen purged
- 3 ounces
- Country of origin: United States